Angel Farr is getting ready for the run of her life. “For the past 6 years, my dear friend Nichole Davis has been training for the St. Jude’s marathon. I would train alongside her, but I never participated in the actual event,” Farr says. The marathon is the biggest one-day fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “With the run being virtual this year, I decided I needed to get more involved and run for a reason bigger than myself by fundraising for the kids and families at St. Jude.”
St. Jude’s mission is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Angel sees this race as a way to give back to an institution that has helped so many children and families over the years.
“I am training to cross the finish line on race day and with your donation, we can cross the fundraising finish line together because the money you donate helps find a cure for childhood cancer.”
Visit Angel’s Fundraising Page
Reason’s to Donate:
- St. Jude’s provides life-saving treatment to children with life-threatening illnesses.
- The research performed at St. Jude’s is shared around the world as part of their mission to end childhood cancer.
- St. Jude’s covers housing, treatment, transport, and food for patients and their families.
- Your donation will help St. Jude’s in their ongoing medical research efforts, which include childhood cancer treatments.
- Due to the pandemic, donations are needed more than ever.
St. Jude’s Memphis Marathon Weekend
This year the Marathon will be virtual, with options for every level of fitness. Currently, registration for the event is closed, but donations are still desperately needed. The pandemic has put many families in financial turmoil, which means that donations for this program are desperately needed. St. Jude needs your help more than ever.
The Mission of St. Jude’s
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
No family ever receives a bill at St. Jude’s. They cover housing, treatment, transport, and food because all a family should have to worry about is helping their child live.
The ALSAC was founded by Danny Thomas in 1957 to be the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and its sole mission is to raise the funds and awareness necessary to operate and maintain the hospital. ALSAC is responsible for raising 80% of the funds necessary to operate St. Jude.
Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion, or a family’s ability to pay.
Become a St. Jude’s Hero
Being a St. Jude’s Hero means fundraising for the cause while training for the marathon. Participation is sold out this year, but you can still raise funds or donate to Angel’s page.
Farr Construction Group and St. Jude’s
Farr Construction Group (FCG) has had the privilege of remodeling the ALSAC office in Arlington, VA. Constructing with ethics is not only Farr’s motto, it’s the way they do business. For FCG the mission of St. Jude’s is an important one. Farr was proud to work on this office remodeling project. And they are thrilled to participate in the event.
Did you know?
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes. This means that doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save the lives of children across the globe.
- St. Jude developed treatments that have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80%.
- St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.